Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby drama

Well we had an interesting weekend starting on Thursday night. I had a scare with some bleeding, but went to the hospital and got checked out. Baby is doing great and they weren't sure why I had some bleeding as well as minor contractions- although I couldn't feel them. Since then bleeding has stopped but was told to take it easy so I wasn't able to go to the shower in NY my mom, Mrs. DeFonce and Lori had been planning for Saturday. I was pretty bummed and still am that I missed out on seeing everyone. But I know it was the right decision and I am feeling good- just tired- due to all the weight I am carrying around no less! Baby seems happy though- constantly kicking me- sometimes I feel like it has about 4 legs right in my ribs- I guess this is my payback from being a "busy" kid huh mom? 
Oh well- we relaxed around the house this weekend- not much else to do with the weather so dreary and wet- so many a nap was taken by me, Jake and the animals. We did get some things done though- got the nursery somewhat organized and the guest room ready for mom- who should be arriving in the next week or so- can't wait to have her! We also picked out some fabric for curtains in the nursery with Dianne (my mother in law)- I can't wait to see what they look like. Stay tuned for pics of the nursery! 

Until then enjoy the pics I posted from the shower- it was a beautiful day- thanks to Mom, Mrs. Defonce and Lori for putting it on. I truly missed out- but thank goodness Lori is a shutter bug I got some great pics! 

Well I better get home for dinner- Hope everyone is well. Love, Sheila 

No comments: